In a freak accident today, a photographer died when a giant cheese wheel crushed him.
To be fair, the people who were being photographed did try to warn him. They were all shouting, “Cheese!”
I think he was the famous photographer that took pictures of the cheese factory explosion in France?
When he got there, all that was left was de Brie.
I thought that was a sharp one.
“So what’s up with all the photography jokes?”, you ask.
Well some photos of Xanax were recently entered into a photography contest over at the Penn Hills Library. Below are the images that were used.
Someone asked me if I took the photos. I had to explain that I am terrible at photography. To prove the point I showed them some pictures that I took of some crops. It was readily apparent that they were very grainy
At one point though, when I was younger, I asked someone, “What’s the fastest way I could earn money as a photographer?”
There response was swift. They replied, “By selling your camera.”
I do want to thank Tammy for taking the Pictures, and I want to thank Dana for submitting them.
I should probably talk about what we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, December 1st, 5ish – 9ish, Long Board Game Night ~ While people can still come at the regular time, there has been a request for an opportunity for some of our game enthusiasts to break out something a bit longer. Come and enjoy some of your longer board game favorites.
- Saturday, December 2nd, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help ~ We are a handful of tech heads that like technology and would like to help you with your stuff. We can help with cell phone, tablet, and computer problems/questions. We can talk with you about the latest tech like streaming TV, home security, cyber security, etc. This is all done for free, you just need to come in and ask for help.
- Saturday, December 2nd, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, we will be wrestling with the question, “Once you’ve accepted Jesus as lord and savior, what’s the point of everything else?”
- Tuesday, December 5th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the Book of Exodus. This group is open to the public, so feel free to join us.
- Saturday, December 9th, 4PM – 6PM, Staff and Volunteer Christmas Party ~ We love all those that help us everyday to make Lost and Found awesome! We will close a little early to have food, wassail, and a white elephant gift exchange to thank everyone that makes what we do look so easy!
- Wednesday, December 20th, 5PM – 7PM, Planes, Double Feature ~ This will be two great Christmas specials back to back. First up will be the new LEGO Star Wars Christmas immediately followed by the new animated version of The Grinch.
Earlier this year, we started selling board games and since then we have highlighted a different board game every week. This week we want to talk about MicroMacro: Crime City – Full House.
Crimes have taken place all over the city, and you want to figure out exactly what’s happened, so you’ll need to look closely at the giant city map (75 x 110 cm) to find all the hidden information and trace the trails of those who had it in for their foes.
MicroMacro: Crime City – Full House includes 16 cases for you to solve. Each case includes a number of cards that ask you to find something on the map or uncover where someone has gone or otherwise reveal information relevant to a case. The city map serves as a map in time as well as space, so you’ll typically find people in multiple locations throughout the streets and buildings, and you need to piece together what happened, whether by going through the case card by card or by reading only the starting card in the case and trying to figure out everything that happened for yourself. Will you be able to answer all questions about the case without fail?
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the actual food! Our new Sandwich is a delicious tuna melt. Our soup is our loaded hash brown potato soup. Our specialty ice creams are Black Cherry soon to be replaced by Deep Dish Apple and Brown Bourbon Truffle. A new treat is grilled cake with strawberry topping or a peanut butter topping.
Thanks and God bless