January 12th is a day that we celebrate the pill-ers of our society.
Of course I am doubly blessed because January 12th is also National Kiss a Ginger Day! As you can see my wife is very pharma-cute-ical.
Shannon is like a box of BD pen needles, ultra-fine.
It’s a good thing we sell inhalers, because she takes my breath away!
During this holiday, it’s good to pause and remember odd things that have happened at our store, like the time a pony walked in asked for some lozenges. Apparently it was a little horse.
I knew a pharmacist that had lost an arm. For some reason he didn’t care for it when I called him a phacist.
You do have to realize that in pharmacy, the ‘p’ makes all the difference.
Before I digress any further, I should probably talk about the various things we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, January 12th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, January 13th, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help ~ We are a handful of tech heads that like technology and would like to help you with your stuff. We can help with cell phone, tablet, and computer problems/questions. We can talk with you about the latest tech like streaming TV, home security, cyber security, etc. This is all done for free, you just need to come in and ask for help. Be sure to bring in those new Christmas gadgets to show them off and/or ask for help.
- Saturday, January 13th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, we always discuss tough theological questions. This Saturday we are discussing the unforgivable sin.
- Tuesday, January 16th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the Book of Exodus. This group is open to the public, so feel free to join us.
- Wednesday, January 17th, 5PM – 7PM, LEGO Movie ~ An ordinary LEGO construction worker is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the LEGO universe into eternal stasis.
Ever since we started selling games last year, we’ve been promoting a different game in every newsletter. I know we have previously mentioned the classic and very popular card game called Dominion. This time I would like to promote my favorite expansion to this game, Dominion: Seaside.
From the back of the box: All you ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by. And someone who knows how to steer ships using stars. You finally got some of those rivers you’d wanted, and they led to the sea. These are dangerous, pirate-infested waters, and you cautiously send rat-infested ships across them, to establish lucrative trade at far-off merchant-infested ports. First, you will take over some islands, as a foothold. The natives seem friendly enough, crying their peace cries, and giving you spears and poison darts before you are even close enough to accept them properly.
I think that description is enough for you to understand how I might like this game.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the actual food! Our sandwich is a delicious tuna melt. Our soup is our loaded hash brown potato soup. Our specialty ice creams are White House Cherry and Salted Caramel Truffle, but are they are both changing soon to Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and Peanut Butter Twist.
Thanks and God bless