Stan Lee had a huge influence on me as I watched Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends every Saturday morning as a child and he would always refer to his fans in each episode as True Believers! In the 40+ years since, I have enjoyed watching many superheroes, but few have had the enduring quality of Spider-Man. I went backwards and watched the old 60’s cartoon (which has one of the best cartoon theme songs) The 90’s cartoon series while I was in college, innumerable comic books, he was the primary reason I watched the Electric Company as a kid, I sat through the live action Spider-Man show from the 70’s, I even managed to watch the old Supaidāman series from Japan. All that said, I am really psyched to show the newest Spider-Man movie at our store on March 16th at 5 PM.
Of course, all this talk of Spider-Man does remind me of a few jokes.
Q. Why does Spider-Man always have the best comebacks?
A. With great power comes great response ability!
Q. What does Spider-Man do after he gets hurt?
A. He checks Web MD
Q. If Wonder Woman and Spider-Man went into business together, what would they call it?
A. They would call it Amazon Web Services?
The Ramones singing the old Spider-Man theme song is Amazing!
In an attempt to be serious, I want to remind everyone about our new Essential Pharmacy program. We have identified a number of medications that we want everyone to be able to afford regardless of what insurance plan they have. The following list of medications are free to anyone that uses our pharmacy, even if they don’t have insurance at all:
- Metformin 500 mg or 1000 mg
- Metoprolol tartrate
While we reserve the right to continue to evaluate this list throughout the year, we are anticipating giving away many thousands of these prescriptions for free and we hope to grow this list over time to include even more medications.
I should also mention some of the things we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- March, All Month, Stuffed Thin Mint Milkshake ~ Our amazing shake has thin mints, chocolate chips, Nutella, Hershey’s Syrup, rich vanilla ice cream, and more! It is a thing of beauty that you can enjoy all month long at our store!
- Friday, March 4th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, March 5th, 7PM 8:30 PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing Genesis 1. I understand it is about baseball; after all, it talks about the Big Inning!
- Tuesday, March 8th, 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Bible Study ~ We are doing a series on the leaders of Israel. We’ll be nearing the end of the kingdom of Judah.
- Wednesday, March 16th, 5PM – 7PM, Spider-Man No Way Home ~ We will continue to show a new movie on the third Wednesday of every month. We watched Guardians of the Galaxy in February. Since Disney Plus will not be showing this movie till 2023 you should enjoy it with us at Lost and Found
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current sandwich is a grilled chicken wrap, our current soup is our amazing lasagna soup, and our current specialty ice creams are White House Cherry and Coconut Chocolate Almond.
Thanks and God bless
Oh yeah, and Excelsior!