The title makes me feel like an over whelmed Shatner impersonator with long pauses between each word; however, we do have a lot going on! I’m speaking on Lent this coming Sunday at Kerr Presbyterian Church, my favorite nerd holiday, Pi Day, is March 14th, Tuesday night at Bible Study we are watching Risen, and Wednesday we are watching the newest Spider-Man movie.
With so many things going on I need to share an array of jokes to cover all these topics:
I’ve decided to give up cleaning my dryer…
Since I am going to be at Kerr this Sunday, someone asked me a very deep theological question, “What do you get when you combine Holy Water with castor oil?”
A Holy movement!
When I was a math teacher, whenever my students asked me for help with a question I would always tell them, “Its as easy as 3.14159265358…”
Peter Parker was bit by a radioactive spider, and he became Spider-Man, but what would he have become if he was bitten by a radioactive dog?
I went over my usual quota of three jokes per email, which means that at least one of those jokes shouldn’t have been told. Let me give a little more detail about the various thing we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- March, All Month, Stuffed Thin Mint Milkshake ~ Our amazing shake has thin mints, chocolate chips, Nutella, Hershey’s Syrup, rich vanilla ice cream, and more! It is a thing of beauty that you can enjoy all month long at our store!
- Friday, March 11th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, March 12th, 7PM – 8:30 PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing the role of Old Testament law on Christians.
- Sunday, March 13th, 11AM – Noon, Kerr Presbyterian Church ~ I would really appreciate it if you came out and joined me and the wonderful congregation at Kerr despite being the first day of Daylight Savings Time. We’ll be talking about some of the history behind Lent and what the purpose of it is, spoiler alert, it is not about fish sandwiches! Kerr Presbyterian Church is located at 157 Bridge St, Verona, PA 15147.
- Monday, March 14th, all day long, Pi Day ~ Pre-order in ice cream Pie for this incalculably awesome holiday! and remember, √-1 2^3 Σπ and it was delicious!
- Tuesday, March 15th, 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Bible Study Social Night ~ We just finished a months long study on the leaders of Israel and now we are having a fun social night open to anyone that wants to join us. We’re going to gorge ourselves on pie and watch the movie Risen
- Wednesday, March 16th, 5PM – 7PM, Spider-Man No Way Home ~ We will continue to show a new movie on the third Wednesday of every month. We watched Guardians of the Galaxy in February. Since Disney Plus will not be showing this movie till 2023 you should enjoy it with us at Lost and Found.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current sandwich is a grilled chicken wrap, our current soup is our amazing lasagna soup, and our current specialty ice creams are White House Cherry and Coconut Chocolate Almond. Oh and in the words of Peter Falk, “One more thing,” we now have Lost and Found Pharmacy hats available for sale in the store as modeled by me in the image below. Notice how much better the hat makes me look!
Thanks and God bless