…but I would like to have a word.
So we have included our first official newsletter crossword (this will probably not be a recurring item). Of course my wife is the real crossword pro, so whenever I do them I usually lean into her for some help. This morning while enjoying a waffle at the soda counter, I was working on the crossword in the daily paper.
I asked my wife, “What is a four letter word for a religious song?”
Shannon simply responded, “Hymn.”
“That is a hard one. Hmm, let’s try a different one. Sixteen across is ‘What’s another name for an overloaded mailman?'”
Shannon politely inquired, “How many letters?”
“Thousands, I’d imagine.”
After that, Shannon leaned in close and peered at the crossword with great discernment, “Seven up is lemonade.”
This is what I mean about her being better at crosswords, I thought it was seven down.
So this is our first newsletter crossword. I’ll email/post the solution next week.
Let’s look at some of the things we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, April 22nd, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, April 23rd, 7PM – 8:30 PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing our relationship to physical possessions.
- Tuesday, April 26th, 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John, please come and join us as we start chapter three.
- Saturday, May 14th, 1PM – 3PM, Computer User Group ~ We are looking forward to our first ever meeting. We are trying to gather a group of enthusiasts that enjoy various platforms and wouldn’t mind helping others with questions.
- Wednesday, May 18th, 5PM – 7PM, We r debating between Jungle Cruise and Bill &and Ted Face the Music! If you have a strong opinion on the matter, you should respond to this email/post and weigh in on it.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current sandwich is a grilled chicken wrap, our current soup is our extremely popular white chicken chili, and our current specialty ice creams are Caramel Cheese Cake Cookie Monster (yes, that is all one ice cream) and Black Cherry.
Thanks and God bless