Not to be confused with Peter Piper or a tongue twisted wood chuck, our opening questioning is prepping you for a poll on our 98 year old vintage soda fountain! Charlie Scott and Art Passante have done a tremendous job of restoring our fountain so that our soda jerks (Bev, Tammy, Deb, Jacob, Emenet, and Sasha) can actually jerk soda fountain heads. That is how the job title of soda jerk came about, because of the jerking motion they made when using the soda fountain. For the time being we have club soda on the head to the furthest right, we will have water on the middle head (it is only designed for water and can not produce a carbonated beverage), and that leaves us with the head on the left. Do we use a cola or root beer? Root beer has the obvious joy of creating frothy floats and maybe even an option for a bottomless root beer float! On the other hand, having cola on that head opens up options for cherry colas, vanilla colas, chocolate colas, etc. While we wait for the results, you should come in and order a vanilla soda, a cherry soda, a chocolate egg cream, or whatever else using the club soda on our fountain along with whatever syrups you want us to add.
You may have noticed that we just enjoyed another busy Summer holiday at our store with lots of good grilled food and various soda fountain treats. Of course the Fourth of July also means lots of fire works. Now that it is the sixth of July I wish they would stop setting them off. I’m worried they’ll catch my Christmas decorations on fire!
I should also mention that in two weeks we have our next movie, Thor Ragnarok. I heard that the main reason they didn’t cast Bill Murray as Thor is because nobody likes an electric Bill! I did just find out that Thor filed a police report about me. Apparently I stole his thunder! All that said, remember to enjoy that movie when we show it on July 20th at 5PM. Until then, enjoy the trailer below.
We should look at what else we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, July 8th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, July 9th, 1PM – 3PM, Old Men That Talk About Computers ~ This group, whose name is in flux, meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. This Saturday we have lots we could be talking about including some nifty Word Press plugins.
- Saturday, July 9th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing the controversy around apparent contradictions in the Bible.
- Tuesday, July 12th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are currently on chapter 8. Feel free to join us and participate in the study.
- Wednesday, July 20th, 5PM – 7PM, Thor Ragnarok ~ July’s movie is a great thing to prep you for the new Thor movie coming out! Thor Ragnarok set the bar pretty high, come and enjoy watching it with us on our screen.
- Saturday, August 13th, 10AM – 2PM, Annual Craft Show ~ This year’s craft show will have lots of activities, grilled foods, raffle baskets, and more! This is our big Summer fundraiser, so stop in and check things out. More details will be made available soon.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current soup is a delicious Buffalo chicken soup, and our current specialty ice creams are Key Lime Pie and Salty Caramel Truffle. I also wanted to mention a new product currently only available in store, CBD Gummies!
Thanks and God bless