So we’ve got way to much going on once again. Things are in full swing with our raffle, I took our therapy dog on her first bike ride, tomorrow is National Waffle Day, we have an up coming LEGO contest, our next movie also involves LEGOs, we have a new med delivery system called myEMMA, and more!
This past weekend, Shannon and I, as evidenced in the above picture, had a great time with our dog on her first bike ride. Much fun was had by all and this is something we will be doing again, particularly when we have a little 2 or 3 day get away next month.
The raffle baskets look fantastic and we are so grateful to everyone for all the work they put into them. This is our BIG Summer fund raiser for our patient care fund and so far it is going great. The raffles for the various baskets will be drawn on Labor Day at 4 PM.
Q. What kind of food can’t make up it’s mind?
A. A waffle!
Tomorrow, August 24th, is National Waffle Day, we will have a sale on our already very affordable waffles. Get an entire $1 off our Golden Malted waffles whether plain or our temporarily available blueberry waffle on this very special day.
With what all LEGO related things we have coming up, I’m trying so hard to create a LEGO joke, but the pieces just won’t go together!
I have this old metal LEGO piece that ended up getting rusty. I stepped on it accidentally the other day, now I’m worried I might develop Tetris!
Working in healthcare, sometimes my mind wanders in weird directions. I was wondering what you would call a disabled LEGO. I finally came to the conclusion that it should be called an ‘O’!
On Saturday September 3rd we have have a LEGO contest coming up for kids in first through sixth grade at 11AM. We are focusing on creative parts usage in this particular competition. An explanation of what that entails will be given at the beginning of the competition.
On September 21st we will be showing the Batman LEGO movie on our projector at 5PM. You should really check out the YouTube trailer on this one.
We are also looking to roll out a new automated health care device to help people remember to take their medications on time and it will even let us know when you need more meds. It’s called MyEmma and we are looking for three people in an assisted living facility and three people in an independent living facility to trial it for free. Below is a short video showing a little bit about how it works. Feel free to contact us if you think this is something that you would like to see used in a facility where you or a loved one is at
I should also take a moment and mention what else I have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Wednesday, August 24th, All Day, National Waffle Day ~ In celebration of this clearly important holiday, we will offer our amazing waffles for a buck off ($2 for a plain waffle, $2.50 for a blueberry Waffle).
- Friday, August 26th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, August 27th, 1PM – 3PM, Old Men That Talk About Computers ~ This group, whose name is in flux, meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology.
- Saturday, August 27th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing what the Bible teaches about Heaven.
- Tuesday, August 30th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are currently in the middle of chapter 13 and we were just discussing foot hygiene!
- Saturday, September 3rd, 11AM – 12:30PM, LEGO Competition:Creative Parts Usage ~ Who doesn’t love the parts of our imagination that are sparked by LEGOs? We will be having the first of a series of LEGO competitions complete with prizes for various age groups.
- Monday, September 5th, 11AM – 4PM, Labor Day Cookout ~ Come and join us for our end of Summer cookout and see whom wins each of the 32 available raffle baskets when they are drawn at 4PM. I haven’t bought raffle tickets yet? Come in and get them before it is too late! This is our big Summer fund raiser for our Patient Care Fund.
- Wednesday, September 21st, 5PM – 7PM, LEGO Batman Movie ~ Come and join us for a free movie for the public to enjoy.
Thanks and God bless