Her name was Iris
We just enjoyed Pi Day and our movie night, now we’re looking forward to selling green milkshakes and celebrating mine and Shannon’s accidental first date.
As an Irishman, I find it concerning that people often reference leprechauns as each having a pot of gold; because, when I try and borrow some money off of one of them they always tell me that they’re a little short!
Okay, that one was a real groaner, but I do want to share a story about Shannon and I. This is a story of boy meets girl, boy and girl accidentally go on a date, and eventually they get married and start a non-profit pharmacy. March 18th is the anniversary of our accidental first date at Phipp’s Conservatory. Naturally I had my five year old daughter with me and Shannon’s cousin from the other side of the state just happened to be there as well. The best part was when my daughter managed to score an apple turnover and she told Shannon the deep dark secret that I never have any sweets in the house! It was said in such a grave manner that you would have thought that this counted as some form of abuse. Eventually we manged to go on a date without any other family members around. Now we’re coming up on our 16th wedding anniversary and the hypoglycemic child is nearly done with grad school.
In honor of our first date, I feel the need to tell some jokes about dating.
Why won’t triangles go on dates with circles?
Two beryllium atoms went on a date.
It didn’t work out. The relationship was toxic right at the start. I guess they were not meant 2 Be.
Luckily, my wife isn’t lactose intolerant. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be able to stomach my cheesy jokes.
I should mention what else we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, March 17th, 6:30ish – 9ish, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, March 18th, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help (the group formerly known as Old Men That Sit Around and Talk About Computers) ~ This group meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. We have solved a lot of computer problems for various platforms and devices including phones, smart watches, digital cameras, CD players, and we have helped people with numerous software problems ranging from laptop and cell phone apps to even thing like Apple Car Play. If you got a new (or problematic) device, bring it in and we can help you set it up!
- Saturday, March 18th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing what the Bible teaches us about how to restore trust.
- Tuesday, March 21st, 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the book of Daniel chapter 11. On a scale of ‘It’s easily understandable.’ to ‘Why does Batman wear his underwear on the outside of his costume?’, I think this chapter is pretty complicated.
- Friday, March 24th, 5ish (or 6:30ish) – 9ish, Board Game Night ~ Board games have long been a tradition at LAF, but this game night some people are going to purposely start a little earlier to play games that we don’t get to play that often because of their length. I know I am going to be trying out the XIA expansion that I recently created (pictured below). If you can’t make it till our regular start time, don’t worry we’ll have plenty of people just coming in then to start on game night.
Thanks and God bless,