So I am super excited for this upcoming board game night! I have been making an overly complicated expansion for an overly complicated board game. Anyone that knows me probably realizes that it makes sense. While making this expansion, I needed some additional game pieces. I walked into a board game shop and met a very pedantic clerk. Our conversation went as follows:
Me: I want a dice.
Clerk: The correct term is ‘die’.
Me: I want 2 die.
Clerk: Plural is dice, alone it’s die.
Me: I want 2 die alone.
What followed was a lot of confused blinking from the clerk.
As I frequently end up with new games, sometimes I need to purge some of the older games that I have. I tried donating two classic board games to a thrift store, but they said they could only take one. I asked which one they wanted and they said…
Sorry. We don’t want any Trouble.
I used to be really competitive when I was younger, and I’ve learned to relax as I’ve gotten older. As an example, when I was younger and trying to be the best runner I could be I would carefully consider everything I ate and run till my feet bled. By the same token, when I was kid and I wanted to make sure that I won at Twister, I would usually do stretches to limber up and eat lots of beans the night before!
Okay, that last joke really stunk! I should move on and mention what else we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, March 24th, 5ish (or 6:30ish) – 9ish, Board Game Night ~ Board games have long been a tradition at LAF, but this game night some people are going to purposely start a little earlier to play games that we don’t get to play that often because of their length. I know I am going to be trying out the XIA expansion that I recently created (part of which is pictured below). If you can’t make it till our regular start time, don’t worry we’ll have plenty of people just coming in then to start on game night.
If you want a quick crash course explaining the game here are two videos for the base game and its main expansion. Here is a link to the directions and various image files for my expansion.
- Saturday, March 25th, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help (the group formerly known as Old Men That Sit Around and Talk About Computers) ~ This group meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. We have solved a lot of computer problems for various platforms and devices including phones, smart watches, digital cameras, CD players, and we have helped people with numerous software problems ranging from laptop and cell phone apps to even thing like Apple Car Play. If you got a new (or problematic) device, bring it in and we can help you set it up!
- Saturday, March 25th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing Christianity in education.
- Tuesday, March 28th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the book of Daniel chapter 11. On a scale of ‘easily understandable’ to ‘why does Batman wear his underwear on the outside of his costume?’, I think this chapter is pretty complicated.
- Wednesday, April 19th, Clue ~ Based on the board game, a band of strangers frantically try to figure out who is the murderer among them.
- Saturday, May 6th, 11AM – 12noon, LEGO Contest ~ We will be hosting a LEGOs competition for kids in first through sixth grade. Various prizes for different age categories will be given out and the competition is free to the public. The theme for this contest is making fake food out of LEGOs. Please do not give this competition the Tide Pod Challenge treatment.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the actual food! Our soup is delicious tomato basil soup (which pairs well with a grilled cheese), our current sandwich is a pizza panini, and our specialty ice creams are Honey Roasted Peanut Butter and White House Cherry. Also, while it lasts, our waffle is a rich chocolate waffle.
Thanks and God bless,