When I was growing up I had musicians, like Axl Rose, singing sweet lullabies with lyrics that included, “Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games.” Unfortunately now that I’m older, I realize that the jungle is full of cheetahs.
Speaking of jungles, this coming Wednesday we are watching Jungle Cruise on our screen at the store. Part of what makes this movie fantastic are all the great dad jokes throughout the movie. Below is a short clip that shows off his linguistic legerdemain.
Of course it does remind me of a story I heard about involving a crime in the jungle. The police called in all the suspicious jungle cats to the station. They had to find the purr-petrator! After closer inspection, they decided it was the leopard. He was easy to spot.
That does remind of one time when my daughter and I were at the zoo and a docent mentioned that the smartest animal in the jungle is the chimpanzee. My daughter turned and asked me, “What’s the dumbest animal was in the jungle?
I casually responded to her, “The polar bear.” Even at age four, she looked at me dubiously.
Let’s look at some of the other things we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, May 13th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, May 14th, 1PM – 3PM, Computer User Group ~ We are looking forward to our first ever meeting. We are trying to gather a group of enthusiasts that enjoy various platforms and wouldn’t mind helping others with questions. Joe is expecting people to come with questions about printers, meanwhile I’m expecting about the pros and cons of BTRFS vs Ext4 when repartitioning their hard drives. We’ll have to see how it pans out, but please come and join us.
- Saturday, May 14th, 7PM – 8:30 PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing the impact of of mythology on Christianity.
- Tuesday, May 17th, 7 PM – 8:30 PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John, please come and join us as we continue chapter four.
- Wednesday, May 18th, 5PM – 7PM, We are watching Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) and Emily Blunt.
- Monday, May 30th, 11AM – 5PM, Memorial Day Cookout ~ We are getting ready for our first cookout of the Summer season. Our menu for the day will be posted soon!
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current sandwich is a Reuben, our current soup is our Italian Meatball Soup, and our current specialty ice creams are Peach and Candy Bar Overload. Missing our wrap already? We are actually making it a permanent part of our menu.
Thanks and God bless