We just finished celebrating Memorial Day and now we are getting ready for our anniversary event. Memorial Day was fantastic with the parade coming past our store and a level of pride could be seen in our community as everyone watched the participants. During the parade I overheard a kid’s question to his mother, “Mom, do soldiers ever go to heaven?”. “Of course they do!” protested his mother. “What makes you ask?” “There are so many soldiers with beards but I never saw any pictures of angels with beards.” he replied. The mother responded “Oh, that’s because most vets who go to Heaven get there by a close shave.”
This Saturday, June 4th, we are celebrating our anniversary with lots of games/activities, grilled foods, a root beer float happy hour, and a lost and found first, we will have karaoke. Of course that reminds me about a joke about a pony that wanted to sing karaoke. When he got up the mic he said, “Pardon my voice, I’m just a little horse.”
As this is the store’s sixth anniversary, that would make it my sixth anniversary as an employee considering that Shannon and I count as employees 1 and 2. On my last work anniversary Shannon said to me, “The best employees always work hard. They are loyal, diligent, and smart. That’s what makes them so outstanding. I hope that next year, you’ll also have some of these qualities.” Unfortunately I am not sure that I achieved those work goals. Hopefully she doesn’t let me go. Just so you know, Shannon hates this joke.
Let’s look at some of the other things we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Friday, June 3rd, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, June 4th, All Day, Sixth Anniversary ~ Six years ago we opened a crazy non-profit pharmacy to help the community. We are celebrating that we have gotten to help people afford medications and enjoyed being a location for many community events
- Grilled Foods ~ 11AM – 5PM ~ Our grilling menu for the day is already available.
- Rock Painting ~ 11AM – 3PM ~ Someone recently gave us a bunch of rocks. We want to say, “Thanks for the sediment.” Kelly will be ready to help kids and adults paint those rocks.
- Games, Games, and more Games ~ 11AM – 3PM ~ Ring Toss, Water Balloons, and Bean Bag Toss games for free to the public and we are even going to give away prizes!
- Happy Hour ~ 3PM – 4PM ~ Order a root beer float for only $1.50!
- Karaoke ~ 3PM – 6PM ~ DJ Anna will be ready to cue up the songs you’re looking for. If you already know which songs you’re wanting too sing, feel free to let us know in advance.
- Saturday, June 4th, 7PM – 8:30 PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing the controversial topic on the role of women in the church.
- Tuesday, June 7th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are currently on chapter 6. Feel free to join us and participate in the study.
- Wednesday, June 15th, 5PM – 7PM, Toy Story 3 ~ This month’s movie might be the only children’s movie that can compete with Old Yeller for eliciting an emotional response. Come and watch Woody and Buzz at LAF prior to the new Buzz Lightyear film comes out at theaters.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current sandwich is a Reuben, our current soup is our Italian Meatball Soup, and our current specialty ice creams are White House Cherry and Honey Roasted Peanut Butter. Missing our wrap already? We are actually making it a permanent part of our menu.
Thanks and God bless