We have lots of activities coming up including a Lost and Found field trip, our first rom-com movie, and a LEGO SNOT competition.
This Tuesday Lost and Found will be at the Penn Hills Senior Center talking about medication compliance and different strategies and systems that can be employed. It will hopefully be more fun than the field trip when my fifth grade class went to a funeral home. When we got there the funeral director attempted to open with a joke
“Why is there always an extra chair set up at every funeral? It’s for rigor mortis to set in!”
He could tell no one liked his joke. The fact that no one laughed was a dead give away.
There was also the time when I was a kid and we took a field trip to the Coca-Cola bottling company in Cleveland. I was worried they were going to give us a pop quiz!
Earlier today, I was attempting to let my wife know how intertwined we are. I told her, “You are in my heart, you are in my blood, you are in all my body.”
Shannon just scoffed at me and asked, “Are you talking about me, or a parasitic infection?”
I think my attempt at romance may have failed but this is a good way to segue into our next movie, Knight and Day, which is a rom-com starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. Below is a trailer for it.
Our last LEGO competition (focused on Creative Parts Usage) was a lot of fun, and now we are getting ready for a LEGO competition based on SNOT! An advanced techinque in LEGO building involves the creative usage of LEGOs where at least some of the bricks the Studs are Not On Top. In our next LEGO competition it will be our goal to require the usage of the SNOT technique. A brief tutorial will be provided before the competition begins. It will be for kids in first through sixth grade with separate prizes for each age group. Our LEGO SNOT competition will be held on Saturday, November 5th.
I should probably tell you about what else we have coming up in the not too distant future.
- Friday, September 23rd, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, September 24th, 1PM – 3PM, Old Men That Talk About Computers ~ This group meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. We have solved a lot of problems for various computer platforms and devices including embedded systems, and we have helped people with numerous software problems.
- Saturday, September 24th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is spending this evening focusing on prayer
- Tuesday, September 27th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are beginning chapter 16 and we just learned that we should expect to be persecuted. Good times.
- Wednesday, October 19th, 5PM – 7PM, Knight and Day ~ Come and join us for a free movie for the public to enjoy. Closed captions will be included.
- Wednesday, November 5th, 11AM – 12:30PM, LEGO SNOT: Studs Not On Top ~ This competition is free to the public and will have kids from first through sixth grade utilizing their imagination as they compete for prizes.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current soup is our nearly famous chicken tortilla soup and our specialty ice creams are currently Deep Dish Apple Pie and Cinnamon Bun. Also, while it last, our current specialty waffle is a cinnamon roll waffle!
Thanks and God bless