I have started to wonder what kinds of textspeak I will use as a senior citizen. The following is a brief list of what I have come up with so far:
BFF: Best Friend Fainted
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered by Medicare
FWBB: Friend with Beta-blockers
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
I was recently talking to my wife, the brilliant Dr Shannon Parsons, PharmD, and I sought her professional advice. The conversation went as follows:
Me: My hair keeps falling out. What can you give me to keep it in?
Shannon, after a brief pause: A shoebox.
This is probably as good of a chance as I’m going to have to segue into one of our upcoming events. Scott Corna is going to come in and explain Medicare and it’s various parts on Saturday, October 15th at noon, followed immediately by me explaining how we can provide assistance to people that fall into the Medicare Gap.
I should probably tell you about what else we have coming up in the not too distant future.
- Friday, October 7th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, October 8th, 1PM – 3PM, Old Men That Talk About Computers ~ This group meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. We have solved a lot of computer problems for various platforms and devices including embedded systems, and we have helped people with numerous software problems.
- Saturday, October 8th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is spending this evening discussing the differences between believers and non-believers.
- Tuesday, October 4th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are starting chapter 17.
- Saturday, October 15th, 12 noon – 9PM, Medicare Explained ~ Scott Corna will be coming in to explain Medicare, and Sean Parsons will follow-up with an explanation as to how can help those in the Medicare Gap.
- Wednesday, October 19th, 5PM – 7PM, Knight and Day ~ Come and join us for a free movie for the public to enjoy. Closed captions will be included. This movie reminds me of a song called Tom Cruise Crazy.
- Wednesday, November 5th, 11AM – 12:30PM, LEGO SNOT: Studs Not On Top ~ This competition is free to the public and will have kids from first through sixth grade utilizing their imagination as they compete for prizes.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current soup is our nearly famous chicken tortilla soup, our current sandwich is kielbasa, and our specialty ice creams are currently Pumpkin and Moose Tracks. Also, while it last, our current specialty waffle is a cinnamon roll waffle but will be changing soon to pumpkin.
Thanks and God bless