I was recently asked that very question. I responded that it was the one from Sesame Street. They tried to tell me he doesn’t count, but I assured them he does.
You too can vote for your favorite vampire!
With an opening like that I had to decide whether to stick with Muppet jokes or Halloween jokes. I decided why not both….
What do you call a haunting on the Muppet Show?
Phenomena…doot doo dododoo!
Now to steal some jokes from the Muppets’ comedic great, Fozzie Bear!
We just finished another movie night at our store, and now it is time to talk about our next couple of big events. We have a LEGO event coming up on November 5th at 11AM. This competition is free to the public and will have kids from first through sixth grade utilizing their imagination as they compete for prizes. Our next movie night is going to be Shrek. While Shrek might not be related to the Muppets, he and Kermit would probably agree that it’s not easy being green.
Let’s look at what else we have coming up in the not too distant future.
- Friday, October 28th, 6:30ish – 9PM, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, October 29th, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help (the group formerly known as Old Men That Sit Around and Talk About Computers) ~ This group meets every Saturday to help others with their tech problems and/or talk about trending technology. We have solved a lot of computer problems for various platforms and devices including phones, smart watches, digital cameras, cd players, and we have helped people with numerous software problems ranging from laptop and cell phone apps to even thing like Apple Car Play. If we aren’t over inundated with helping people I would love to talk some about web platforms and plugins.
- Saturday, October 29th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is spending this evening discussing the Biblical principle of finance management.
- Tuesday, November 1st, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are continuing our study on the Gospel of John. We are in the midst of chapter 18 where some temple guards and roman soldiers just came across Jesus in an olive garden. Join us as we discuss what happens next!
- Saturday, November 5th, 11AM – 12:30PM, LEGO SNOT: Studs Not On Top ~ This competition is free to the public and will have kids from first through sixth grade utilizing their imagination as they compete for prizes.
- Monday, November 7th, 10AM – 12 noon, Flu Clinic ~ The Penn Hills Sr Center has asked us to give flu shots. We ask that any seniors that come should bring both their prescription insurance card and their Medicare card. Shannon will be the one administering the injections.
- Wednesday, November 16th, 5PM – 7PM, Shrek ~ Come and join us for a free movie for the public to enjoy. Our movie in November will be Shrek! Closed captions will be included.
- Saturday, November 26th, All Day, Small Business Saturday ~ We will have various activities and events throughout the day. More details will be coming soon.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the food! Our current soup is our delicious hash brown soup, our current sandwich is kielbasa, and our specialty ice creams are currently Coconut Chocolate Almond and Caramel Cheese Cake Cookie Monster ice cream (which will soon be replaced by Deep Dish Apple Pie ice cream). Also, while it last, our current specialty waffle is the seasonally appropriate pumpkin.
Thanks and God bless