I know that most of you will be surprised to learn about this, but August 8th is International Cat Day! Bev has been planning long and hard for this holiday, so be sure to come in and help her celebrate.
Of course, this does remind me of a a story that Bev once shared with me. A Labrador, a Doberman, and cat all die and appear before God on his thrown. God looks to the Labrador and asks, “Why should I let you into heaven?”
“I was very obedient to my owner, looked after and played with his children, and I was always told that I was a good dog.”
God responds, “Very well, you may enter heaven.” Then God turns towards the Doberman, “why should I let you into heaven.”
The Doberman said, “I always listened to my owner, and I protected the whole family. I was also always told that I was a good dog.”
God responds, “Very well, you may enter heaven.” Then God turns towards the cat…
…but before God could speak the cat cleared his throat, looked at God and told him, “I think you’re sitting in my seat!
Now I don’t get out very often, but I was at a restaurant the other day and this guy walked in with a cat and a dog. All three of them were seated at a table adjacent to mine.
The server came over to get their drink order and the dog spoke up, “My human will have a cup of coffee, I’ll have a water, and the cat would like a glass of milk.
The waitress, in shock, says to the dog, “This is AMAZING! You’re a dog that can talk!”
The guy looks at the waitress and says, “Don’t be fooled, the cat is a ventriloquist.”
I do want to take a moment and promote our upcoming raffle and craft show. Every Summer we have a raffle to raise money for our patient care fund. This is always a big event for us as lots of individuals and businesses donate baskets specifically to help our patient care fund and this is the first time we’ve ever received a matching grant for it! Please be sure to come in and check out our raffle when it launches on August 19th during our Fourth Annual Craft Show and come in for the drawing on Labor Day. It would be a catastrophe, if we didn’t manage to fully drain the matching grant.
I should probably mention what else we have coming up in the not too distant future:
- Tuesday, August 8th, All Day, International Cat Day ~ Come by and celebrate this cat themed holiday at Lost and Found,
- Tuesday, August 8th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the Book of Exodus.
- Friday, August 11th, 6:30ish – 9ish, Board Game Night ~ This has long been a tradition to come in on a Friday and have fun playing games.
- Saturday, August 12th, 1PM – 3PM, Tech Help ~ We are a handful of tech heads that like technology and would like to help you with your stuff. We can help with cell phone, tablet, and computer problems/questions. We can talk with you about the latest tech like streaming TV, home security, cyber security, etc. This is all done for free, you just need to come in and ask for help. We will also be offering some classes come September, so let us know what you want to know more about.
- Saturday, August 12th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bereans Group ~ This group, which is open to the public, is discussing how to use your spiritual gifts to help other people.
- Tuesday, August 15th, 7PM – 8:30PM, Bible Study ~ We are studying the Book of Exodus.
- Wednesday, August 16th, 5PM – 7PM, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 ~ August’s movie is the biggest blockbuster of the year. James Gunn, writer and director, finishes the story arc he started with the Guardians in 2014. Join Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, and more as we finish this fantastic saga.
- Saturday, August 19th, 9AM – 2PM, Fourth Annual Craft Show ~ This year’s craft show will have lots of activities, grilled foods, raffle baskets, and more! This is our big Summer fundraiser, so stop in and check things out. You may register here or at our store.
- Saturday, September 2nd, 11AM – noon, LEGOs: The Final Frontier ~ For September’s LEGO competition, we are encouraging kids to focus on outer space. I think this category will be pretty far out!
As we’ve recently started selling board games at Lost and Found, I decided to highlight a board game that matches this week’s email theme, Exploding Kittens.
Exploding Kittens is a kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten and loses the game. The deck is made up of cards that let you avoid exploding by peeking at cards before you draw, forcing your opponent to draw multiple cards, or shuffling the deck. Below is a short video giving further explanation of the game.
Now for the part everyone always asks about, the actual food! Our soup is our very popular chicken tortilla soup and our sandwich is our locally popular Penn Hills Cheese Steak! Our specialty ice creams are Better Brownie Batter and Roadrunner Raspberry.
Thanks and God bless,